Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A snake am I

I was born in the year of the snake. My name translated into japanese means "House of the crazy snake". Coincinots surround me. The Chinese believe the snake to be powerful creature, a minion of immortality. The western world consider snakes as evil seducers. There’s this story about an ancient garden of green growing splendor where a snake once tricked the local residents in to getting evicted. The story goes that the snake, in his own serpentine fashion, preached about the fallacy of order and the manifest destiny of anarchy. The two simple simian inhabitants were so astounded by the snake’s use of logic that the very next day they breached their lease by trashing one of the landlord’s treasured trees. Like bohemian Bolshevicks they ran about screaming things like “Fascist!” and, “Down with the man”! Their landlord was God however and he was unsympathetic to the plight of the common man. He evicted them. Later, when I asked Lucifer about the snake, the Devil replied, “The Snake? Oh, no, he wasn’t one of mine. I have to admit I like the initiative. Ballsy, you know. Really ballsy”.

No comments:

Post a Comment